Waverley Skin Cancer Clinic
Why get your skin checked by us?
- Mole checks are performed by trained, caring doctors dedicated to early detection , diagnosis and treatment of skin cancers.
- We take high resolution close up images of your suspicious moles for accurate surveillance.
- Early Diagnosis Saves lives.
- Australia has the highest rate of skin cancer in the world.
- Approximately two in three Australians will be diagnosed with skin cancer before the age of 70
- Melanoma is the most common cancer in people aged 15-44 years
How can you prevent skin cancers?
- Seek the shade, especially between 10 AM and 4 PM.
- Don’t get sunburned.
- Avoid tanning, and never use UV tanning beds.
- Cover up with clothing, including a broad-brimmed hat and UV-blocking sunglasses
- Use a broad spectrum (UVA/UVB) sunscreen with an SPF of 15 or higher every day. For extended outdoor activity, use a water-resistant, broad spectrum (UVA/UVB) sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher.
- Apply 2 tablespoons of sunscreen to your entire body 30 minutes before going outside. Reapply every two hours or after swimming or excessive sweating.
- Keep babies out of the sun. Sunscreens should be used on babies over the age of six months.
- Check your skin head-to-toe every month.
- See a skin doctor at least once a year for a professional skin exam.
Don’t wait until it is too late
Book Your Skin Check Today!
We use Fotofinder
What is FotoFinder?
FotoFinder dermoscope offers all in one, dermatoscopic skin cancer screening and mole mapping, making it the imaging system of choice by thousands of dermatologists and skin cancer doctors worldwide.
We store high resolution images of your suspicious moles to enable us to track and identify any change over time.
It is perfect for those difficult to see areas of your body and for moles that need to be tracked.